My Christmas week project has been to attempt to change the alternator belt on my R1200GS. I knew I would encounter some rusted bolts holding the front cover on. This is the payback for 4000 miles of un-paved roads on our Alaska Adventure in 2010. The calcium chloride they spread on the roads up there is highly corrosive. The short story is I’ve ended up with 2 broken bolts. I have accumulated an arsenal of 5 different brands of penetrating oils, a propane torch, and various sizes of easy outs. I’m not sure why the name “easy out”. So several days of spraying, tapping, heating, cooling, etc….. and the remains of the 2 bolts are still secure in the block. Meanwhile during the process I installed a new set of P3 brake light/turn signal enhancements, and a second set of driving lights.